Running into issues with your HVAC or plumbing can cause a real headache. With so many complicated parts and pieces, it’s best to leave it to the experts if you find that your system isn’t functioning properly. If you’re in the Bolingbrook area, give us a call by phone at (630) 968-0783 or book an appointment online.
We provide dependable plumbing and HVAC repair services near you. At Stephens Plumbing, we have over 90 years of experience in the business and 20,000+ satisfied customers that can attest to our expertise!
Call Us: (630) 968-0783
Gas Furnace Repair Services
At Stephens Plumbing, we are happy to offer 24-hour gas furnace repair services in Bolingbrook, Illinois so you can rest assured you won’t be left out in the cold. Regardless, issues with your furnace can be stress-inducing. But, don’t panic, just because your system appears to be having issues does not mean that you will need a replacement.
Common issues that can be resolved by one of our expert furnace service technicians include a clogged air filter, tripped circuit breaker, hot surface issues, or ignition issues. Our team is also able to clean the burners on your furnace. Each problem will show different warning signs, so be sure to call us soon as you begin experiencing issues so our experts can take a look.
How Your Gas Furnace Works
- Heat is generated in the burner using propane or natural gas
- Heat passes through the exchanger
- Air from the home's ductwork is blown over the heat exchanger which warms the air
- The furnace's blower forces the heated air into the supply ductwork, which distributes it throughout the home
Each component of the system works together to keep your home comfortable, so at the first sign of system issues, give us a call. Stephens Plumbing provides fast and safe plumbing and gas furnace services for small to large homes in Bolingbrook, IL. Give us a call by phone at (630) 968-0783 or schedule an appointment online to receive assistance.
Electric Furnace Repair & Replacement Services
Similar to gas furnaces, your electric furnace may be trying to tell you something! When an electric furnace isn’t working properly, you may be hearing noises from your system such as booming, clicking, squealing, rattling, and chirping.
While all noises point to different issues, it’s important to keep a close watch and be proactive if you suspect you may be having an issue. Our team of plumbers and HVAC technicians in Bolingbrook, IL are thrilled to offer 24-hour electric furnace repair services to ensure that you are comfortable no matter what time of day.
Generally speaking, if you are in the market for a new furnace, electric furnaces are cheaper and can last much longer. Keep in mind that the initial purchase price may be cheaper, but you could also see higher monthly heating bills as electricity is generally more expensive than gas. Either route you take, our team is here to provide you with intuitive HVAC and furnace services.
How Your Electric Furnace Works
- The furnace heats air moved by its fan
- Once you tell your thermostat that you want heat, the system energizes devices called sequences that bring heating elements on
- Fan switches in thesystem engage to maintain the air temperature
If you think your system is not working properly, give our team a call by phone at (630) 968-0783 or fill out our Contact Form.
Looking for a Replacement Furnace?
While furnaces are built to last, inevitably, there comes a time when the system needs to be replaced. Typically, electric furnaces last 20-30 years, have a lower cost upfront but can spike your electricity bills, depending on use. In contrast, gas furnaces typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years, have a higher cost upfront, but typically cost less to use.
Ultimately, the decision comes down to preference. If you would like more information or guidance, call our experts -- we are happy to help you choose a new furnace and provide you with reliable HVAC and plumbing services.
HVAC & Air Conditioning Repair Services
The last thing you want once the summer sunshine comes rolling into Illinois is issues with your HVAC system -- we get it. If you’re experiencing issues with your HVAC system, call the experts at Stephens Plumbing. We offer dependable air conditioning repair and installation services to homes in Bolingbrook, Illinois and other areas. Give us a call by phone at (630) 968-0783 or sign up for an appointment online to receive help.
Common Issues With HVAC Systems
- The system is producing little to no cold air
- First things first, check your filters. If your filters are dirty they can be preventing cold air from circulating. Give your filters a good clean or replace them. If you aren’t comfortable with doing this yourself, don’t worry -- our experts can take care of it for you!
- HVAC system is producing noises
- You may be noticing rattling, buzzing, or humming noises. Each noise indicates different issues that may be occurring in your system. In order to prevent further damage, we recommend turning your unit off if you experience any of these noises. Call Stephens Plumbing for affordable, expert HVAC services.
- Foul odor throughout your home
- Luckily, if you catch this issue early it is generally a simple fix. Foul odors are typically associated with obstruction in the air ducts of your unit. Contact an expert at Stephens Plumbing to ensure that your air ducts are clear of any objects or materials. Additionally, if your system is producing a rotten egg smell, call us immediately. This may be indicative of a gas leak and should be attended to as soon as possible.
Schedule a Plumbing, Heating, or Air Conditioning Appointment
Call Us: (630) 968-0783
Sump Pump & Plumbing Services
Your sump pump plays a crucial role in the health of your home. It works to gather groundwater from your basement preventing moisture from flooding your home. Most people forget that they have a sump pump, but if you are experiencing issues it’s important to have timely services. Luckily, our team of plumbers in Bolingbrook, IL offer sump pump and plumbing repair, installation, replacement, troubleshooting, and maintenance services for all types of systems.
Warning Signs of Sump Pump Failure
- Call an expert if:
- You notice any unusual noises such as rattling, grinding, or gurgling
- Your sump pump is constantly running
- Your sump pump has lost power
Types of Sump Pumps
- Pedestal Sump Pumps
- Upright pump with an impeller at the base of the pedestal
- The motor is located above the pump and should never be wet
- Typically less expensive but can be nosier and more likely to have issues with overheating
- Sumbersible Sump Pumps
- Installed in the sump pit and is designed to function underwater
- Typically more expensive, but have longer lifespans
- Quiet and hidden in the sump basin
Gas Line Leak Repair & Installation Services
Many people choose gas to power their homes’ appliances because it is effective, convenient, and oftentimes cheaper than the electric counterpart. With that being said, it’s imperative that you keep tabs on your gas lines and call the experts at Stephens Plumbing if you suspect that you may have an issue. Our team of Bolingbrook plumbers provide trustworthy gas line repairs, installations, and replacements near you in Illinois. Call our team by phone at (630) 968-0783 or fill out our contact form to receive help.
4 Signs of a Gas Leak
If you are experiencing 1 or more of these signs, call our experts immediately.
- Dead Plants - If you notice that there is a patch of dead vegetation, you may have a leaking gas pipe underneath.
- Hissing Sound - Hissing sounds typically indicate a substantial leak in your gas line. Turn your system off immediately and call the experts at Stephens Plumbing.
- Rotten Egg Smell - An additive called mercaptan is used in natural gas and propane for your safety. If you smell a rotten egg smell, call us to receive emergency plumbing services
- Mist or Fog - If you notice a mist or fog around your home, it could indicate a ruptured gas line. Call us immediately.
Drain Cleaning & Power Rodding Plumbing Services
Tired of constantly dealing with clogged drains? It may be time for power rodding or drain cleaning services from Stephens Plumbing. Our plumbers in Bolingbrook provide affordable plumbing maintenance, repair, and replacement services to homeowners.
Generally, a good practice is to be sure to only put water or liquid down your drains. Avoid anything that may get stuck along the way, and give us a call if you are experiencing constant clogs. No matter where the issue lines in your home or commercial space, we can help to restore your plumbing system.
Tips for Avoiding Clogs
- Only put water-based liquids down your drain
- Install drain gates to avoid random objects making their way into your plumbing lines
- Run hot water through your drains after using your sinks to help flush buildup and debris
- Use a modest amount of vinegar to maintain a clear plumbing line
To sum it up, power rodding is an industrial-strength drain snake. A power rodding machine uses an electric motor, cutting clogs into smaller, more manageable pieces so that it can safely pass through your plumbing lines.
This method is typically used for stubborn clogs and works on both new and old plumbing. Power rodding doesn’t use any chemicals to cut through the clog, so it is known and loved for its ability to cut through clogs without adding toxic materials into your system, and ultimately water treatment facilities. If you need assistance with a clogged drain or another plumbing issue, call Stephens Plumbing at (630) 968-0783 or book an appointment online to receive immediate assistance.